Monday, October 20, 2014

Fall Crock-pot for the O Blood Type

As most of you know from reading the blog I follow eating according to my blood type as closely as possible.  As soon as I'm not feeling my usual I start monitoring and following my food intake very strictly.  I try to eat ONLY off my "Highly Beneficial" list and will throw in a few neutral spices here and there to "SPICE" things up...OH MY REALLY BAD HUMOR, SO SORRY!  Here is my Fall Crock-pot staple that I make.  I then can use the meat during the week to feed the kids in a variety of ways, for example I'll make them burritos or something of that sort while I just stick with the warmth and hardiness of this stew for me.  I'm only telling you this because if you have children you will find they get bored and would not want to follow my meals.  So, I have to get creative for them and make it easy on myself all at the same time.  Hope you all enjoy this one.  I LOVE IT!

3-4 pounds boneless grass fed beef
olive oil
2 cups onions sliced
1 cup carrots (this is a neutral...but for the kids)
1 cup Parsnips, cut into chucks
2/3 cups turnip, cut into chucks
3 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon fresh ginger,  cut into pieces
1/2 cup red wine
Salt & Pepper to taste
Springs of rosemary for in the crock-pot, and fresh one to decorate your dish when serving:)

Browning the meat: Make sure the meat is thoroughly dry with paper towels - Damp meat WON'T brown!!!  Place olive oil in the pan about 1/4 cup (depending on the size of your pan), next place your dry meat in the hot oil and brown in batches, Turing the meat as needed! Add more oil as needed until you are finishes.  Transfer all the meat into a crock-pot.
Vegetables: Next, keep the pan you just browned the meat in and add fresh oil (just dump the old oil out). Then place the vegetables (Onion, carrots, turnip, ginger) and saute until still hard but a little brown.  Place this in the crock-pot.
Assembling:  Now, skim any remaining fat (oil) out of the pan and poor the red wine in and allow it to boil down a little.  Poor this into the crock-pot.  Now add the remaining ingredients into the crock-pot (Sweet-potatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper).  Stir lightly, place the lid over top and allow to slowly cook for 6-8 hours (depending on your crock-pot).  ENJOY!  I give the kids crusty bread on the side because they can have the wheat!  I on the other hand STAY AWAY from the bread!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!