Again, I have been a delinquent blogger...so sorry about that! I most likely realistically will be able to blog once a week or so with my schedule. Here is a Salmon recipe I have made a couple of times now that I truly believe is wonderful and worth typing up for you all! I hope you are able to try it, now is the perfect time with all the basil growing like crazy in the gardens! Enjoy!
2 lbs. Salmon fillets
1/3 cup pitted black olives
5-7 large basil leaves, more for serving chopped
Zest and Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, + 1/4 cup for frying pan
Extra salt and pepper to lightly dust over Salmon
1) Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a small food processor blend olives, basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, zest and juice of lemon, along with salt and pepper.
3) Make 1 inch slits in the flesh of the salmon and shove as much of the mixture as possible into the slits.
(NOTE: This does not look pretty at first but once sauteed the appearance becomes better.)
4) Place Salmon, flesh side down, in heated saute pan which contains the remainder of the olive oil, listed above, (1/4 cup). Saute until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
5) Gently, flip the salmon over into a oven safe pan that is lined with parchment paper. Now, the salmon will be flesh side up for the remainder of the cooking time. Poor the oil from the saute pan in as well and place in preheated oven. Cook until Salmon becomes opaque, 4-6 minutes. Serve with basil sprinkled over top!