MEXICAN POTATO SALAD
1 Jicama, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch sticks
1/2 cup small spinach leaves, cleaned
4 baby kale leaves, cleaned (Optional)
4 large Romaine leaves, or other lettuce of your choice, cleaned & cut into strips
10 baby tomatoes, sliced in half
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
Add all ingredients to a bowl and top with dressing below
DRESSING FOR MEXICAN POTATO SALAD
2 tablespoons, olive oil
1/2 teaspoon grated lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice
2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Place this dressing on top of Jicama and lettuce listed above.
Thought you might want to see what a Jicama looks like prior to cutting it up!TURKEY and RICE BURRITO
1 lb. ground turkey
2 green onions, sliced
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Splash of white wine or 2 tablespoons water to de-glaze pan
Brown rice, made according to package directions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, added to the rice after cooked
Grated cheddar or hot pepper jack cheese
4 large tortillas, (NOTE: You can buy a wheat free variety)
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) After browning the turkey, add the green onions and cumin and continue browning for 2 minutes longer. At this point the pan should be pretty dry. Add water or a little white wine to deglaze the pan.
3) Simultaneously, make the rice according to package directions, when finished drain and add the chopped cilantro, mix well.
4) Lay out a tortilla in a piece of non-stick foil! Layer rice, cooked turkey mixtuxe, and top with cheese of your choice. Wrap up tightly and place in oven for 10 minutes.
5) When the burrito is finished top each with the Mexican potato salad and topping such as sour cream and fresh salsa. ENJOY!