Friday, April 8, 2011

Wheat Free Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce

Ah.... I can feel the warmth in the air!  Which made me long for the summer dinner's I put together using the organic herbs from the garden.  One of my top favorite herb is Basil!  I bet you didn't know basil was called the "royal herb" by ancient Greeks!  This annual is a member of the mint family believe it or not and is an essential in a lot of different Italian dishes, which I'm pretty sure everyone knows!  In this particular dish I used Sweet Basil, but some of my other favorites are: 1) Lettuce leaf basil 2) Opal basil (purple color) 3) Lemon basil 4) Clove basil 5) Cinnamon basil! 

5 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 fresh mozzarella balls, diced
3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives
3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound wheat free spaghetti (I use Jovial brown rice Wheat Free pasta...THE BEST)
Salt and Pepper to taste

METHOD

1)  In a large bowl combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, olives, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
2)  In a large pot of boiling water cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, about 11 minutes.
3)  Heat the oil in a small frying pan over moderately low heat.  Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.  Poor over the pasta and toss.  Then add the Tomato mixture and adjust the salt and pepper and serve at once. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!