Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Morning C's plus Wheatgrass

  What to do when everyone in the house is coming down with a cold?  Well, in my case it's giving everyone an overload of Vitamin C, Echinacea and Goldenseal.  I don't really go too over board but the idea is to knock this out of our bodies so we can go have fun.  They call Echinacea and Goldenseal "The Dynamic Duo".  I put the liquid extract in a drink of choice and today I also added the benefit of Vitamin C and Wheatgrass.  You would never know I'm drinking these powerhouses because I have hidden them in the drink.  HA, HA the guys don't know, wink, wink!
It helps the "Medicine go down" when I make the drink cute!  This doesn't taste like medicine..I was teasing!
Ingredients:

1/2 scoop of Organic Wheatgrass (Scoop comes in container)
1 dropper full of Echinacea
1 dropper full of Goldenseal
1 teaspoon of vitamin C powder (1000 mg)
2 cups pineapple (I used fresh with the juice)
1 cup papaya (I used fresh)
2 kiwi fruits (Skin removed)
1 cup celery
1 tablespoon Barlean's Swirl (you pick which variety you like) the kids like Pina Colada

Method:

Blend all together in a Vita mix and decorate how you wish.  I used Dried papaya slices (low sugar) and kiwi stars for a little fun design.  P.S. This is how I distract the boys from eating healthy food.  Sometimes it works other times they catch onto me, lol!

I cut little kiwi stars for inside the beverage... but they are hard to see!
A little Yoga from yesterday's evening hike, I loved the heart shape in the rock to the right of me, kinda cool!
Have A Healthy and Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!