Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mom & Son Smoothies... with Mango Slushy Topping

  My little guy is still recovering from the concussion.  When I got home this morning he said to me, "Mom can you make me the smoothie bowl but not in a bowl?"  I replied, "Sure"!  But, of course as I began making it I thought, "Well, this is kinda boring and I want a bit of greens mixed in mine...Oh and maybe a Mango slushy topping".  So, in this little post I'm just going to tell you how to make the Mango topping that is on my drink because I've already posted the recipes about the blueberry and green drink portion of the beverages.  If you want to look it up, the blueberry portion is the "Concussion Smoothie Bowl" and the green part of my drink is what I called "Blooming Banana Greens in a Jar". But, seriously the best part of my drink is the TOPPING!  It's what I make when I want ice cream.  This is super easy and works with any frozen fruit.  The only catch is you need a high powered blender or this won't work.  Enjoy!!
My drink is to the left!  I topped it with My Mango slushy and fresh mango slices.... YUMMY!
 Ingredients:

1 Cup Frozen Organic Mango Chunks
1 heaping teaspoon of Organic honey
1/4 cup fresh water or mango juice if you have it, you can even use Almond milk

Method:

Blend on high in Vita-mix, this won't work unless you have a high powered Blender.  But, I must say it's my favorite summer time beverage and worth making if you have a high powered blender.  I substitute frozen pineapple, blueberries, cherries, peaches...literately any fruit.  Enjoy, Enjoy!   
I also topped mine with sprouted Almonds....YUM~O!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!