Sunday, February 22, 2015

Chocolate Mint Smoothie Bowl

  Yesterday before the snow storm hit I went to the store to get supplies for the week.  They had just  gotten a shipment of fresh herbs.  One of the containers stood out to me so I picked it up and put it in my cart.  Mind you I had no idea what I was going to do with a Chocolate mint plant during a snow storm, but I felt the need to have it.  This morning I got up and decided to make a smoothie bowl using some of the chocolate mint plant.  Here is the recipe.  Did I mention that I LOVE CHOCOLATE:)   

Ingredients:

1 handful of chocolate mint greens
1 handful of kale
1 tablespoons of Barlean's swirl Omega oil (Chocolate mint flavor)
1 frozen banana
1 scoop of Amazing Grasses Brand Wheatgrass
1 teaspoon Spirulina
1 cup ice cubes

Method:

Blend on high in a Vita-mix and serve!  Decorate how you wish.  I used Dark Chocolate chunks, bananas and chocolate mint leaves.

Close up

 
My friend and I being silly while we were suppose to be doing YOGA...But the Chocolate was just too tempting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!