Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been making all kinds of yummy food! But, I made a dish tonight that was worth writing about and sharing with you! So... here it is!
6oz. bag broccoli florets
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 inch piece fresh ginger root, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
3 carrots, cut into 2 inch sticks
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons roasted red chili paste
1/4 bag. Rice Stick Noodles (Made with rice flour and water, product of Thailand)
1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup peanuts, optional
1) Boil broccoli in a pan of lightly salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat a wok over high heat until almost smoking, add the oil, and then add the ginger root and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the onion and chicken and stir-fry for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is sealed on all sides.
3) Add the remaining vegetables to the wok, including the broccoli, and stir fry for another 3-4 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in a separate pan of boiling water place the rice sticks and boil according to package directions, 3-4 minutes. Drain the noodles and add to the stir-fry pan.
5) Add the soy and Hoisin sauce to the wok and stir-fry an additional 1-2 minutes, then add the peanuts and cilantro and serve at once. Enjoy!