Monday, April 25, 2011

Salami & Honey Ham on a Orange!

This is an easy appetizer I made up after remembering different quick appetizers my Grandmother would make at Easter.  Of course, I took this up a notch by adding fancy olives from an olive bar, found at an upscale local grocery store!  They were amazing and I only purchased the amount I was going to use for the appetizer!  I chose these because of there colors, they reminded me of colored Easter eggs!  I think these appetizers would be wonderful for any spring or summer party!  The extra bonus is by changing the type of olive you not only change the taste but you can change the look!

1/4 pound Salami Slices
1/4 pound Honey Ham in slices, rolled and cut into 2 pieces
18-20 olives, your choice
2 oranges, cut the peeling off allowing one side to be flat
Fresh Rosemary cut and dusted across the appetizer
1/4 box toothpicks

Method

Layer salami, orange, ham and top with olive, place on serving tray.  Repeat, until you finish enough to fill the tray, dust with rosemary and any other herb you desire and serve at once.  These could be made one day prior to using, just cover tightly with plastic wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!