Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sick Boy Turkey Soup

  One of my boys came home not feeling well from school yesterday.  So I whipped up a batch of Turkey soup from the Turkey bone broth I made after eating our turkey dinner on Thanksgiving.  This actually is a recipe from my deceased mother-in-law who was from Italy and always seemed to have a recipe for everything.   Now, translating it to English from Italian is always a challenge, but I'm always pleased once I do the work.  Here is her recipe, I'm sure she didn't go to the lengths of making actual bone broth but because I had already done that I just used the broth I had made.       


2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cups homemade or purchased Organic Turkey broth
1 1/2 cups carrots sliced and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 sweet onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Turkey meat, either leftover or just bake a thigh or leg then De-bone and add to the soup
1 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley added to each bowl when served

Saute chopped onions, carrots, and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add the broth, and the rest of the ingredients except for the parsley and allow to meld for at least 20 minutes on low.  Before serving add fresh parsley to every bowl and serve.  Godere! 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!