Friday, December 19, 2014

Chocolate Bark with Benefits

This is the easiest thing in the world to make...CRAZY EASY!  Yet, it's one of my favorites because I can get so creative with the toppings I put on the Chocolate bark.  In the picture here I actually made two separate kinds of chocolate bark.  I made some where I broke it into pieces once it was hardened and the other I placed in small circles before drying.  This made it easier to tell the different kinds apart,  and the kids knew which one they liked better.  Easy Breezy!

Ingredients:

4 Ghirardelli Chocolate Bars (2 Semi-sweet & 2 100% Cacao Unsweetened chocolate baking bars)
1 bag of Crystalized Ginger
1/4 cup Raw slivered almonds
1/4 cup Raw Pistachios
Pink Himalayan sea salt
Spectrum's Warrior Vitality Blend (My new favorite addition to things)

Method:

Place 1 semi-sweet and 1 100% Cacao chocolate bar in a microwavable container (something that has a pourable spout). Microwave until melted but, not bubbly, usually 3 1/2 minutes. Then pour chocolate onto a parchment lined cookie sheet with sides.  Sprinkle any or all the above listed toppings on top and set in cool place to harden (Refrigerator would be fine as well). I used the Almond's on one batch and the Pistachio's on another.  I also sprinkled the Spectrum Warrior Blend on the batch with the Pistachio's because I thought it looked a little more festive together.  In years past I've purchased lemon and orange rind to make the chocolates even more colorful.  Get Creative...I've even purchased spicy nuts from Whole Foods and placed those on top to give the Chocolate a little kick!  Happy Holiday's!

A new favorite to get Creative with!
A Closeup picture:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!