Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Simple Adzuki Dinner...Highly Beneficial for O Blood Type Diet

Some of you are reading this and thinking...WHAT is that?  Well, Adzuki (or Aduki) beans are most likely one of my favorites because of the health benefits they provide.  They are on the Highly beneficial list for the O Blood type diet (I should say lifestyle) and also a staple if you eat a Macrobiotic diet.  These little small red beans are a protein packed staple in my house and are known in Traditional Chinese Medicine to support healing properties for the kidney, bladder and reproductive function.  These beans are a good source of magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, manganese and B vitamins.  They could also be considered the "weight loss bean" since they are so low in calories and fat, yet very high in nutrition content.  Did I mention these beans really don't give you "gas" either??? Well, see now I've given you a ton of reasons to eat these little guys.  This recipe I have here I came up with because I'm trying to only eat highly beneficial for my blood type.  I did place some sliced Avocado around the egg because I thought they added color.  I know...I know Avocado is on my "Avoid" list for the O blood type list.  But, all the other ingredients are on my "Highly Beneficial" list and make my metabolism run at maximum speed.
2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 sweet onion diced
1/2 red pepper diced
1/2 can Aduki beans, drained
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 tomato diced
1 egg, over easy
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Few slices of Avocado for decoration if wanted and your diet allows

Method:

In a small sauce pan saute onions, garlic and red pepper in olive oil.  When onions begin to turn opaque add beans and saute another 2 minutes.  Add tomatoes and parsley and saute on low while making egg in a separate pan.  When egg is done, transfer beans to a plate and place egg on top and add avocado slices if you wish.  Enjoy!  This is crazy healthy and is quick and easy to make.

The beans

Sauteing!

Oops...I ate it all!
  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!