Sunday, June 12, 2011

Morning Detox Berries and Pears with Mint and Stevia Sauce

Typically when I'm detoxing I have very little time in the morning to make a nice breakfast.  I usually grab a fruit, hard boiled egg and I'm off starting my day.  But, on weekend mornings I have a little more time to focus on what I'm eating.  So, this is a healthy alternative for the days you are detoxing!  Quite frankly I could eat these berries every morning!


 Ingredients for sauce:

 5 strawberries
1/2 packet stevia (about 1/2 teaspoon)








2-3 mint leaves
2 tablespoons filtered water

Method:

1) Mix all ingredients in high powered blender or small Cuisinart on high.  Should resemble  the picture below.

Ingredients for berries:

6 strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup blueberries
1 small Anjou pear, skin removed and sliced
7-10 small mint leaves (Don't do too many because the mint becomes over powering)


Method:


Mix in a bowl and add Mint and Stevia Sauce.


With my Detox Breakfast I had a hard boiled egg (protein):
Of course I always make a few more for the week...It just makes detoxing easier!

YUM, can't wait to dig in!
WOW...I'm fast!  Not really, the magic of photos!  Happy Detoxing!

Printable Version 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!