Saturday, December 11, 2010

SNOWED IN...Creamy Tomato Soup!

Living in Minnesota the weather can always be exciting.  Today is proof !  The snow is not stopping with over 12 inches on the ground now and more still coming, I guess I'm not going anywhere!   Did I mention the family is hungry after being outside snowplowing and shoveling?  Hummm, what should I make?  The boys wanted tomato soup, but I have none in the house!  That's it!  I'll make a creamy tomato soup.

First some pictures of the SNOW:)

Looking out into the backyard we are unable to see the fire pit!
Anyone want to grill???  I guess NOT!
Our dog laying in the house next to the window which is completely covering our back entrance to the house!
Now to the soup...
Creamy Tomato Soup

1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 1/2 cups 2% milk
1 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and Pepper to taste

The can of Tomatoes I used!

Method:

1) Saute onion in olive oil.
2) Next, add both the tomato ingredients on medium heat until blended.
3) Add the milk and basil and continue to cook.
4) Pour the mixture into a blender or cuitinart food processor and blend until well combined.  Pour back into cooking pan and continue to warm until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!