Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Boyz Breakfast Sandwich

In my mind there are two types of food; "Adult food" and "Kid Friendly food"! It seems my children always want to eat something I consider to be bland or just plain unhealthy.  It has always been my intent, as an informed Mother, to have my children eat...well, somewhat healthy!
    When they were babies, I would make squash and mash tofu in it with a fork. I would also, cook organic carrots, blend it, and freeze it into ice cube trays. I think I covered the gamut, as far as, trying to bring up healthy children in an unhealthy world.  But, with this being said, they still WANT things I would rather NOT let them have!
    So… this brings me to today’s post!  I made a McDonald’s style breakfast sandwich as healthy as I could, without changing the consistency of it, too much! In other words, I didn’t add any spinach or vegetables of any kind which would have irritated the boys, even though this would have satisfied me tremendously!
    My oldest son’s response to this sandwich this morning was, “Wow, I didn’t even know this was an option in this house! What did you hide in it?” I responded, “Who me, I would never put anything in your food, lol!”

Makes 2 Sandwiches

4 Turkey Sausage links
2 Whole Wheat English muffins, toasted
2 large organic eggs
1/4 cup organic shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:

1) Heat pan on stove and complete the turkey sausage links according to package directions.  Allow to sit on paper towels, to get out any grease while you are making the eggs.  Slice lengthwise.
2) Toast the English muffins.
3) Meanwhile, in the pan you made the sausage links make the eggs.  Scramble the eggs and make them separately as you would small omelets.  Put cheese in the center and fold over to let it melt. 
4) Layer, english muffin, sliced turkey sausage, then mini omelet and top with english muffin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!