Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Toy

   Yep, I finally did it!  I bought myself a 'little toy' I've been longing for, for approximately 8 years!  It's a Vitamix mixer.  Watch out world, the juicing will begin! Of course, I have been making juice in my little "Magic Bullet" for years.  But, now I can blend things I otherwise would never have tried!  Raw carrots would never have been so completely blended in a traditional blender, but with the Vitamix, not only do I get a great consistency, I also retain all the fiber in the fruits and vegetables I use.  So... this will help my cardiovascular health along with helping balance blood sugar levels.  
Here "He" is!

   While we all can buy ready-made juices and smoothies, nothing quite beats the taste of a blend made at home.  So, now I'll make my green juice along with all the other combinations I can come up with.  Here are a few of my new morning juices:
Makes 2 small glasses

1/2 teaspoon Stevia sweetener
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water, boiling
1 small pink-lady apple peeled, other eating apple would work
10 blackberries
2 ice cubes
To decorate I used a cinnamon stick and a flower from a plant I'm wintering (Optional).

Method:

1) Put the stevia and cinnamon in the boiling water and mix until well dissolved.  Put into the blender.
2) Add the apples, blackberries and ice cubes.
3) Blend on high until well blended, pour into individual small glasses, decorate if you wish and enjoy at once.

Makes 2 4oz. glasses

4 organic carrots, cut up
2 small eating apples, skinned
1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled
1/4 cup filtered water
2 ice cubes
Fresh mint to decorate (Optional)

Method:

1) Place all ingedients listed above in the blender and blend until well combined, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!