Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dried Fig & Apple Stuffed Chicken

So tonight I get home from work and I see a note that says, "I took chicken breasts out for dinner tonight!"  "Wow," I thought to myself, "that is wonderful but what am I going to do with those?"  I took a look in the pantry and noticed I had dried fruits, that should work great!  Here we go...Yum!

The stuffed chicken served with acorn squash and creamed corn!

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup dried figs diced
1/4 cup dried apples, diced
1/4 cup dried cranraisins
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried sage
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method

1) Slice chicken breast to make a small cavity in each chicken breast.
2) Mix figs, dried apples, dried cranraisins, dry sherry, olive oil, onion and sage in a small bowl.

3) Stuff each chicken breast with the mixture and place on a pan.  Run a little olive oil on the outside of the chicken and salt and pepper.  Place stuffed chicken breasts in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes.  This might take longer depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
Stuffed Chicken breasts before they are placed in the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!