Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Beef Crock Pot

Today with the weather very cold and gray.  I wanted the house to feel warm and welcoming.  So the best way to do that is by using a crock pot.  The wonderful smells permeate the house.


1 small beef roast (I used grass fed beef roast)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup flour (I used gluten free flour)
1 Tablespoon Salt
2 teaspoons Pepper
1/4 dry sherry
8 carrots, peeled and diced
4 turnips, peeled and diced
2 yellow onions, peeled and cut into chucks
5 red potatoes, washed
1 small bag of frozen corn

Method:

1) Salt, pepper and flour both sides of beef roast.  Heat a saute pan with olive oil and place beef roast in the pan, brown on all sides, 5 minutes.  Add to the crock pot.
2) Next, add the diced onions to the saute pan, about 3 minutes.  Add them to the crock pot.
3) Deglaze the saute pan by adding the dry sherry, scrapping all brown bits from the pan.  When the dry sherry reduces to 2 tablespoons pour this into the crock pot.
4) Next add carrots, turnips, potatoes, and frozen corn to the crock pot.  Keep on high for 5 hours!
5) Serve

Serve with noodles and broth from the crock pot!

3 comments:

  1. That looks great. I recently transitioned from part time to full time and I am becoming reacquainted with my CrockPot. Check out my Beef and Pumpkin Soup today. http://www.abetterbagofgroceries.com/2010/10/slow-cooker-recipe-beef-and-pumpkin-soup/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those people that thinks there should always be something green. I saw some good looking brussel sprouts at the store this morning. I bet they would have worked w/ this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, I love greens as well! I wish I would have had some in the house it would have been wonderful to have with this meal!

    ReplyDelete

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!