Monday, October 13, 2014

Eat Right 4 YOUR Blood Type

I have eaten according to my blood type for years now! I occasionally have "Fallen off the Wagon" so to speak, but eventually find my way back by remembering how good and alert I felt when I was eating this way.  Recently, I received an email from Dr. D'Adamo's website talking about becoming a Personalized Nutrition ShareRight Partner  I really didn't even think twice about this.  I immediately signed up not even looking to see if I needed to send them money.  I just knew this was something that has impacted my life for years and I wanted to share the knowledge I have on this subject with others.  For years I've been asked how I stayed so thin...Well, this is the SECRET!  Even after having two kids I have managed to stay thin.  So if you want your energy back join me in this endeavor and eat according to your blood type.  It's really not hard and in about two weeks you will be thanking me.  Here is the link to shop for any supplements, books, or specialty foods you might be interested in.  EatRight4YOURType  If you have any questions you can also like my Eat Right 4 Your Type Facebook page located at the bottom of the page.


Why is eating for your blood type SO important?:
Let me make this short and simple...Your blood type is the key to your body's ENTIRE immune system...end of story!!!  It controls the influence of viruses, infections, stress, and any invaders (including cancer) that weakens your immune system.  There are 4 blood types and Dr. D'Adamo describes them as follows:
   ~ TYPE O: "The oldest and most basic blood type, the survivor at the top of the food chain, with a strong and ornery immune system willing to and capable of destroying anyone, friend or foe."
   ~ TYPE A: "The first immigrants, forced by necessity of migration to adapt to a more agrarian diet and lifestyle, with more cooperative personality to get along in crowded communities."
   ~ TYPE B: "The assimilator, adapting to new climates and the mingling of populations; representing nature's quest for a more balanced force between the tensions of mind and the demands of the immune system."
   ~TYPE AB: "The delicate offspring of a rare merger between the tolerant Type A and the formerly barbaric but more balanced Type B."

This doesn't stop here, each of the 4 blood types have antigens. These help our immune system decide if something that enters into our bodies are foreign or not.
"So this is what it looks like on your cells:
   ~TYPE O:    NO ANTIGENS (zero)
   ~TYPE A:     A Antigen
   ~TYPE B:     B Antigen
   ~TYPE AB:  A and B Antigen" 

Now past this point you can buy the book (Buy book here) because our blood codes get even more complex.  This is why if you're eating a "one diet fits all", either Vegan, Macrobiotic, Vegetarian, Paleo, Lacto Vegetarianism, Atkins, Weight Watchers, Mediterranean...the list goes on and on, type of diet you could be harming yourself.  Now, this being said if you're an O blood type and are eating an Atkins diet you might be losing weight and thinking I don't know what I'm talking about.  Which to some degree will work for you because an O blood type should be a meat eater after all and the Atkins diet does focus on eating meat.  Think about it... the O blood type is referred to as "The Hunter"... a MEAT eater.  But, not all O's are the same, remember?

     For example:   I want to give my own personal account on this healthy lifestyle/way of eating.  This is NOT a quick fix but rather a lifestyle change to make you lose weight, stay energized, help with aging and keep you from immune issues that are common to certain blood types.  
I'm an O blood type and can efficiently metabolize meats...however, I found I need to carefully balance the meat protein I eat with vegetables and fruits because I need to avoid over-acidification which causes me to have irritation of my stomach (colitis in my case).  This is also caused by stress, but usually I have figured out it's a combination.
  ~  This being said...I want to go into a little detail about Blood Type O and how I eat!

A Little About Type O:
– Type O’s are more pre-disposed to negative metabolic effects such as insulin resistance, sluggish thyroid, and weight gain.
– Other issues such as fluid retention, ulcers and fatigue are recognized as main O type issues.
– Type O’s have a higher level of stomach acid than the other blood types. (OH LOOK...this nailed me!!!)
– Type O personality is often described as the following: organized, responsible, practical and decisive. (Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep)
– They tend to have more finely tuned responses to stress.
– They also tend to be more vulnerable to bad behaviors when overly tired, depressed or bored.
– Type O’s should avoid caffeine as it can be harmful because of its tendency to raise adrenaline which is already pretty high for this type. (This I found to be extremely relevant to weight gain as well)!


 Recommended Exercise for Type O:
– Dr. D’Adamo suggests,  O’s benefit very much from brisk, regular exercise that is more taxing.
– A few examples of the type of exercises that are recommended include: running, aerobics and martial arts.

– He suggests that Type O’s engage in exercise about 3 or 4 times a week.
– He also suggests that aerobics is done 3-4 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes.


Food for Type O:
This is the main part!

What to Avoid:
– Type O’s should avoid dairy products including milk and cheese.
– They should also avoid eating grains such as wheat bread, crackers and chips as the leading factor of weight gain is the gluten found in the wheat germ.
– Certain beans and legumes should be avoided such as lentils and kidney beans.
– Since Type O’s are more susceptible to thyroid issues, avoiding foods that inhibit the thyroid hormone is important. Those types of foods include: cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower.
– Because of the acidic stomach, Type O should avoid the following fruits: oranges, tangerines, strawberries, blackberries, melons, cantaloupe, honeydew and coconut.
– Due to the starchy nature, they should avoid corn and potatoes.
– Catfish, smoked salmon (Regular salmon is good), caviar and octopus should be avoided.
– Beans: copper, kidney and navy should be avoided.
– Peanuts, cashews, pistachios and poppy seeds.


What to Eat:
– Eating foods high in Vitamin K (the blood clotting vitamin) can help with anemia and other blood problems. This includes spinach, kale, broccoli and lettuce.

– Type O's tend to have a lack of iodine, which is the ONLY mineral that produces thyroid hormone...so the BEST Iodine-rich foods are, seafood (saltwater fish), kelp (seaweed), and iodized salt.
– Because Type O has more of an acidic stomach, they should eat fruits of an alkaline nature such as berries and plums.
– Type O’s don’t tolerate whole wheat products at all, so they should instead eat something like Essene Bread or Ezekiel Bread, barley, rice, millet and spelt.
– Beef, lamb, mutton, veal and venison.
– Farmer cheese, feta, mozzarella and goat cheese are acceptable cheeses to consume.

I am personally planning on sticking to this way of eating as closely as possible because I have seen the benefits.  I am human and do stop occasionally but, I always come back to it because of how amazing I feel.

Now, if you are new to this and I'm getting too over the top for you...don't worry the book even puts together the foods you should eat into lists that are easy to follow categories like the example I gave above.... (If I can do this...you can do this)!  If you have a specific condition the book even addresses this and can help you, with food choices and supplements that help!  Remember, we are NOT all the same so why would the supplements we take all be the same???  When I see everyone purchasing the latest line of supplements (Such as Advocare, Pink Protein...again the list goes on),  I think, "Oh, maybe I'm missing something...then I remember to refer back to science".  It is what it is... A CHEMICAL REACTION OCCURS between your blood and the foods YOU EAT...It's that simple.  What I like best about Dr. Peter D'Adamo is he is a naturopathic physician, and is science based!  He's NOT putting all of us into the same category and even the vitamins are designed for your specific needs and blood type.  He has even helped individuals balance there MS (and many other things) with this lifestyle.  Go look at the site for yourself, I'm SO happy to be able to share this with others...
 Eat Right 4 YOUR Type!

*Below are some quick references for my followers according to your blood type:
Blood Type A....Information 
Blood Type AB....Information
Blood Type B....Information
Blood Type O....Information 


Yours in Health,
Like Eat Right 4 YOUR Type on Facebook!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!