Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lemony Avocado Sauce over Jovial Pasta

Tonight I made grass fed beef burgers for the boys.  I don't eat wheat so I decided to make a rice pasta dish to have on the side.  I still have a ton of avocados to use up so here is the sauce I came up with!  I must say, I'm making this again! It was wonderful. 
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons red wine (I had a sweet one leftover)
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/3 cup oil of your choice, I used a mixture of olive oil and smart balance
Salt and Pepper to taste
Zest of the outside of the lemon you squeezed
1 ripe Avocado,  diced
1/2 box Jovial linguine wheat free pasta

Method:

1.  In a Vitamix, combine ginger, lemon juice,  red wine, white vinegar, soy sauce and oils until blended smooth
2.  Place the lemon zest and cut avocados in a bowl and toss with the liquid mixture you just made.
3.  In a pot of boiling water, cook the wheat free pasta until Just done
4. Poor the sauce mixture you made over the pasta and toss, serve at once.  Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!