Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Chicken Avocado & Tomato Salad

Can you believe the end of summer is here?  I'm not sure why summer seems to go by so quickly, but it's a reminder to LOVE every minute of it when you're able to!  Today, I decided to make a quick lunch and just "BE" outside.  I REALLY DID nothing!  I just sat out on the front lawn with my dog and just soaked in the sun.  I'm sure in a month or two I'll look back on this day and and dream about how wonderful the grass felt and how amazing the sun (Vitamin D) felt on my skin.  Here is a tasty end of summer treat to use up those amazing tomatoes you have in the garden.  Keep DREAMING...WE ONLY LIVE ONCE!
Oh... and if you're one of my O blood type friends this is great except for the Avocado, but you can always have a few things on your avoid list every once in a while.

1 boneless chicken breast, sauteed on stove-top in a bit of olive oil, diced
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1 vine ripe tomato
1 bunch of fresh basil
1 handful of spinach leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste (Salt with Iodine)
3/4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic Vinegar

Method

1)  Saute 1 boneless breast on stove-top in a bit of olive oil... I add Salt and Pepper. (I usually do a package of chicken a week and keep the breasts in the refrigerator for easy food preparation on quick meals, this way I can make the kids quick burritos, salads, sandwiches, pasta dishes...or whatever).
2) Place handful of spinach in a bowl
3) Add diced tomato
4) Add sliced avocado
5) Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over top, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and GO SIT IN THE SUN with your yummy salad:)     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!