Thursday, September 25, 2014

Moss Filled Urns

What to do when your summer plants are dying and the urns are starting to look awful?  Well, sometimes I love putting fall plants in the Urn, like mums or a mixture of cabbages.  The trouble is they dye so darn fast I really don't like spending the money and have to change them out in a month or less.  These days most of use are looking for something that stays looking nice for awhile and doesn't dye within one month...who has time.  So here is something that has worked for me and I'm not running to the store to change it out every month.
Here is one of Urns
You can use a roll of moss, but my personal opinion is to find individual bags of moss, because you get more texture.
Use foam balls in the Urn and a glue gun to get the height you want.
Now you can see the texture of the moss I used.  It looks much better.


Here is one I made before moving 2 years ago and you can't tell its 2 years old.


This is another option for inside an urn

See the different heights you can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!