Thursday, September 4, 2014

Boys Cowboy Meal

My oldest had a Birthday last week and I had text messaged him while he was at school and asked him what he wanted me to make him for dinner.  I had a one word response, which is typical of boys/men in general.  He texted me the word "MEAT"!  I'm still laughing because he gets plenty of meat, but I secretly knew he wanted a steak and/or ribs!  So, off to the store to make him a special meal and make it "MAN" style for the 17 year old!  I decided last minute to make it a cowboy meal for him!  Here's what I did, but first I had to show you this picture...It's SO cute!

He likes different cakes so I did two separate cakes and put them together!  17 candles REALLY make a cake light up:)
   HOMEMADE COWBOY STEAK RUB
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon Chipotle
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried garlic

Place all ingredients in a coffee grinder that you only use for herbs (Or make sure it's REALLY clean).  Mix well and you are ready to use on beef, chicken, salmon, roasted potatoes...or anything your little heart desires! I used this rub on both the ribs and steak.  I also, incorporated a little of it in the roasted potatoes with fresh rosemary.

For the Steak:
I seasoned each rib steak with the above rub then wrapped a piece of bacon to make it extra special boy style before I placed it on the grill.

For the Ribs:
I covered the ribs in a little olive oil and then used the remainder steak rub, when the ribs were just about ready to come off the grill I put a little barbecue sauce on both sides. 

For the Potatoes:
I diced the potatoes and wrapped them in foil.  I drizzled a little olive oil, placed fresh diced up rosemary, salt, pepper and a little of the rub.

All of it went on the grill for easy clean up for me:)  Ha, Ha  After all, I had to "dude" up the table for the birthday boy:)

I even made him a strawberry protein drink and bought his favorite A1 sauce I NEVER buy:)

He ate almost the whole rack of ribs...PIG!

The potatoes were my favorite part:)


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!