Friday, September 12, 2014

Fall Floral Mantel Arrangements...$12.99

Well, this morning I woke up to snow on the ground...burrr! I wasn't ready for that one.  I decided I should put up a little fall decor so I can "get in the mood" and stay positive that summer is over...BOO!  I do however love the snow on the ground and a good warm fire so I say "Bring It On"!  The one thing I didn't want to do is spend any money on decorating so I went down into my storage area and pulled out my bin of floral stuff to see what I had.  I then ran over to Hobby Lobby and picked up a package of Preserved Willow.  One thing I learned while doing floral arrangements for Hotels in Minnesota was to always use a base ingredient that was a preserved "REAL" plant/floral item.  The reason for this is it makes the arrangement to "appear" REAL and not fake.  Below is what I ended up with.  Not bad for a total of $12.99!
I used 2 urns I already had in storage!
At Hobby Lobby I purchased 1 package of preserved willow and these grapevine pumpkins!

Then because the Grapevine pumpkins had short stems I attached each one to a curly willow stick by using floral wire.  You'll never be able to tell after I put this in the arrangement. 
Next, I added flowers and wired pine cones on some sticks and even added feathers I got from a hunting friend.

This should get me thru fall...Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!