Sunday, November 21, 2010

Carol's Famous Salad

My friend Carol always makes this salad for me when I visit her!  It's really simple and very good!  I have to admit.... I added my sprouted chick peas to it for a little extra nutrition.  I sure hope she doesn't mind????

1 head romaine hearts, cut into desired size & divided between two plates
1 avocado, cut into slices
2/3 cup walnuts, toasted in 350 oven until light brown
2 tablespoons, sprouted chick peas
1 tomato, diced, optional
3 tablespoons walnut oil
1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Freshly Shredded Parmesan on top, optional
Salt & Pepper to taste
Method:

Place romaine lettuce on plate, add toasted walnuts, avocado, chick peas, tomato and salt and pepper to taste.  Add Parmesan if desired.  Before serving drizzle olive oil on top and squeeze lime juice to taste, Serve!  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!