Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pork and Lingonberry Crock Pot

Before I had to go to work today I was already wondering what I would be making for dinner???  If I don't figure it out in the morning I'll have to scramble to figure it out after work.  So... I pulled some pork chops out of the freezer and defrosted them quick in the microwave.  Then proceeded to make this amazing Crock Pot dish just by transposing one of my Grandmother's recipes we used to eat on special occasions... that took forever to make.  This version was quick and I believe just as good if not better.  Now, if you have know idea what 'Lingonberries' are you most likely are not Swedish.  These are purchased in a jar.  I use the lingonberry preserves which are easy to buy if you live in Minnesota (basically they are in every store on the shelves with the jams)!  If you live anywhere else you might need to go to a speciality store?  However, while visiting my father-in-law in Connecticut I found them pretty easily at a Stop-N-Shop!  I hope this helps.


4 Pork Chops (bone-in)
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick, take the seeds out of the star shape in the center.

The apples sliced!
1/4 cup Jumbo raisins
1 cup lingonberry preserves
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:

1) Place salt and peppered pork chops in saute pan with the olive oil and saute until just browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side (Do NOT cook through)!  Place in crock pot.
2) De glaze the saute pan on high heat with the dry sherry and cook down to two tablespoons.  Pour of the liquid on the pork chops.
3) Next, arrange the apples in the crock pot, add the raisins and the lingonberry preserves.  Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low temprature for 6 hours.  Serve with rice or potatoes.  You can also make a gravy out of the sauce if you wish.  That is what I did....it was amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!