Friday, November 12, 2010

Mexican Chicken and Aduki Bean Wraps

Today I was at home for lunch so I decided to use up a leftover piece of boneless chicken breast which I had cooked up earlier in the week.   I had only applied salt and pepper during the intital cooking of the chicken breast so I needed to add some mexican flavor to it.  I also needed more than 1 small chicken breast to make 2 meals so this is what I came up with!

Completed:  Mexican Chicken and Aduki Bean Wraps...so GOOD!
1 previously cooked boneless chicken breast, sliced thin
1 can Aduki Beans (I only used 1/2 cup so you'll be seeing another recipe using this ingredient)
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup white shoe peg corn (I used freezer variety)
1 teaspoon ground cumin plus a dusting for the sliced chicken
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided between the 2 wraps
2 whole grain burritos
1/2 large tomato, diced
1 1/2 cups lettuce of your choice (I used a mixture of romaine, baby lettuces, and parsley)
1 1/2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Toppings: Light sour cream and slices of lime rind for food decor


Method:

1) Preheat oven at 425.  Take a piece of foil lined with parchment paper and lay out burrito in the center (obviously do this twice)!
2) Take the sliced chicken and add a dusting of ground cumin to the chicken.

As you can see, just a light dusting was used on the sliced chicken breasts.
  
3) Next, in a small bowl mix together corn, green onions, Aduki beans, 1 tablespoon olive oil, cumin, and a grind of salt and pepper.
4) Then place the chicken on the burritos and layer Aduki bean mixture then 1/2 of the cheddar cheese.

I used these Organic beans to try a different flavor, they have a mild sweet flavor and are traditionally eaten at New Years for well being.  I figured Bob and I could use the "well being NOW" lol!
5) Wrap burritos tightly and place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.

Yep, I labeled these before putting in the oven!  Aren't they CUTE????

6)  While you are waiting for the burritos to bake make a small little lettuce mixture to go on top!  Take lettuce of your choice and place in a bowl you can mix in.  Add tomatoes, remaining olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste and toss together. You could also add some of the green stems from the green onions sliced (Only if you HATE throwing things away...just like me:)
7)  Take burritos out of the oven, place on plate and top with lettuce mixture, a dab of sour cream and little slices of lime rind for decor (I LOVE that part)!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!