3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup basmati rice
16 cooked shrimp
2 cups lobster base, warmed
4 ears of corn, boiled and cut off of cob
1/3 cup 2% milk
3 Tablespoons butter (optional)
3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan, serve more at the table!
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put olive oil and chopped yellow onion in pan (Risotto pan works best, this could also be a Saute pan)! Saute onion until opaque and add rice promptly!
- Add warmed lobster base (is simply a seafood bouillon, I prefer an actual lobster base because it keeps in the refrigerator for a long time) as soon as you put the rice in the pan and saute while stirring continuously.
- Keep adding lobster base into the pan with rice until almost finished. If you run out of lobster base substitute a little water.
- Add the corn, milk, shrimp and butter promptly. Stir until warmed!
- Add the chopped parsley and Parmesan.
- Stir and serve at once...Enjoy!!! This should be the consistency of Risotto!
Make it Work
This is a wonderful dish I have made with
left over corn on the cob!