This is wonderful for a quick meal and really easy! A wonderful weekday meal when time is a pressing matter!
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 lb boxed dried pasta (whole wheat or wheat free would work as well)
1 lb frozen green beans (fresh would be great but I didn't have any on hand)
1 large clove garlic (minced)
4-5 cooked shrimp per person (I used a frozen bag of shrimp from Costco, that just needed warmed in the
oven for 15 minutes)! To serve 4 people you need about 20 shrimp or so.
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Warm oven to temperature according to directions on the bag for the shrimp you are using, place shrimp on cookie sheet (I put parchment paper down so the shrimp do NOT stick), put in the oven. At the same time start boiling water on the stove for the pasta and green beans.
2) Once the water is boiling place frozen green beans in water with a generous grind of salt. Once the water returns to the boil place the pasta you are using (make sure to read the directions as far as the time on the pasta). When pasta is al dente remove from the stove and drain. Make sure to reserve some of the cooking water in case it is needed to keep pasta moist.
3) Place pasta, green beans, garlic, and olive oil in serving bowl and toss to coat. If it seem to dry add a little of the cooking water. Also salt and pepper to taste.
4) Next, take the shrimp out of the oven and put pasta on each plate. On top pasta place 4-5 shrimp per person and place a small amount of shrimp sauce on one of the shrimp to add a little extra flavor.
* If you don't have Shrimp sauce in the house you can make some by mixing 2 tablespoons of horseradish sauce and 3 tablespoons ketchup. The more horseradish you add the spicier it becomes!