Thursday, January 22, 2015

Cold Snowy Morning Oatmeal with Glorious Green Milk

We awoke to more snow and a little two hour school delay for the boys this morning.  Time to make Oatmeal to start the day off right.  The boys just like regular milk , almond milk or Kefir in their oatmeal, but of course I had to figure out a way to get some Wheatgrass in this or I was going to need to do the shot.  I bet you can guess what I did by looking at the picture...Yep I figured out a way to change my almond milk to a yummy topping using the Wheatgrass, Vita-mix and some creative ingredients from the refrigerator.  Here it is a Glorious Green Milk.
Ingredients:
(Glorious Green Milk)
2/3 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon hemp oil
3 tablespoons Pumpkin butter
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 frozen banana
1 scoop Organic Wheatgrass

Method:

Blend all the above ingredients in a Vita-mix, poor on top of your oatmeal that you make separately according to directions on the container and top with walnuts, raisins or whatever else you would like (I used some thinly sliced carrots).  This tasted like I was eating pumpkin pie only it was green and without the whipping cream.  
And of course Lilly got in trouble on her hike today... She went after a coyote! BAD DOG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!