Monday, January 19, 2015

Wheatgrass Smoothie Bowl

Wheatgrass can be SO overwhelming, but I'm determined to have a shot everyday until my body gets used to it.  I think I'll post a story tomorrow as to why this is SO important to me.  But, for now you are stuck with all these recipes.  In this recipe today I made a cold soup and incorporated the wheatgrass!  I always make cold soups in the summer, usually a cantaloupe or cucumber soup, but today I wanted this soup to have a little more substance so I called it a smoothie bowl instead... purely because of the consistency.  This is certainty something I'd drink from a glass and I wouldn't add all the cute cut up fruit on top, but when it's in a bowl this is pure perfection and looks good as well.  So, if you're bored with the usual smoothies make it into a bowl.  Oh, sorry about the smiling bananas but my son and I hiked Helen Hunt Falls this AM and he had these really cute donuts...so of course my meal had to be cuter, lol!

Ingredients:
3/4 banana, the other part I used as decoration on top
3/4 kiwi, the other 1/4 I used for top decor
3 dried figs, 1 sliced for the top
1 scoop Organic Wheatgrass
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1/2 cup Organic pineapple juice
1/2 cup purified water
Chia seeds to sprinkle on top
Method:
Place 3/4 banana, 3/4 of kiwi, 2 figs, Wheatgrass, mango chunks, pineapple juice and water in Vita-mix and blend on high.  Poor into bowl and use remaining ingredients to decorate the top!  Yummy!

Close-up
And Voila...my meal is just as cute as those nasty donuts my son ate:)  Picture from today's hike!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!