Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Mango Mountian Madness Smoothy

  This smoothy contains a little MADNESS in the smoothie because of the secret ingredients (and the story that follows).  My kids always tease me when I say I'll make them a smoothy, they say, "So Mom... What did you hide in this drink?" I respond, "WHO ME...NEVER"!  But, in all seriousness it's a great way to get some extra vitamins, herbs or minerals without swallowing a pill.  The trick is to make it still taste good... this one tastes like a Creamsicle... only better!
 
A perfect blend of Mango, Orange and Banana with Benefits
Ingredients:

1 organic orange peeled,
1 1/2 cups of frozen mango chunks
1 frozen banana
2 capsules kelp, emptied of there contents in Vita-mix
1 tablespoon Barlean's Orange Cream fish oil with omega's
1/2 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed if you have it)
1 cup ice cubes

To Decorate the top:

1 Shot of inner-eco Mega Probiotic tropical flavor
6 Coco Mango Pomegranate Chews, purchased at whole foods in the bulk section
1 slice of orange
and a secret edible mountain carved by ME:)

I set the drink down an walked away as I was walking back I thought... that's cute:)

A close up of the desert in a Jar... or at least it tastes like it!
After I was done taking the picture and was going to finish the hike and drink my smoothy, I looked back and Lilly was sitting on the rock where the drink was!  You know... it's all about the dog!
   

2 comments:

  1. Oh...Girl STAY AWAY from that person! Yikes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and all the emails.

    ReplyDelete

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!