Thursday, January 15, 2015

Taste Grass - NO MORE...Smoothie

  Yes, I named this smoothie, "Taste Grass - NO MORE" but for a good reason.  The taste of Wheatgrass really makes me sick if I do a single shot of it all by itself.  "Why, would you even put this in your mouth then you ask??"  Well, Wheatgrass has been used for years as an herbal medicine for its therapeutic and nutritional properties.  It became hugely popular by Ann Wigmore who had healed herself from cancer with this, among other things.  She wrote many books on the healing properties of Wheatgrass and it has been used in Sweden, Puerto Rico, Australia and the United States.  She was also one of the founders of the very popular Hippocrates Institute Healing Center
This grass is known for numerous things but most importantly blood purification, liver detoxification, and colon cleansing.  This amazing grass contains Chlorophyll, numerous enzymes (Cytochome, lipase, protease, and Superoxide dismutase otherwise known as SOD which helps with preventing aging...just to name a few), numerous vitamins that fight against free radicals (Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B-Complex...just to name a few),  and numerous Minerals and Amino Acids (Magnesium, potassium, calcium, Tyrosine which aids in the formation of hair and skin and prevents cellular aging).  You can find this product now in powdered form and once it's opened keep it in the freezer or you can juice your own grass that you grow.  I don't have time to grow the grass anymore, sometimes I grow it at Easter time in a cute basket, but otherwise I just buy it from my natural food store in town. 
There are a few ways to take Wheatgrass.  First, you can drink this grass in a single shot and get it over with.  In my case this makes me ill.  So, I prefer putting it into a smoothie...then I can't taste it.  I think the smoothie recipe I did today was probably my most successful attempt at NOT tasting the wheatgrass and I don't feel ill at all.  The other way to take wheatgrass is rectally through enemas and implants, but I can talk about that in the Detox section of this blog.   Let's get to the recipe I think I typed too much today:)  Have a great day.

Ingredients:

1 frozen banana
1 scoop of Organic Wheatgrass (Amazing Grass brand)
1 cup Rappini, not packed
1 cup spinach, not packed
1 small apple (or 1/2 large one)
1/4 cup frozen cherries
1/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
1/4 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup Organic Black Cherry Juice
 1/2 cup filtered water


Method:

Place all ingredients in a Vita-mix and blend on high for a minute, until all is blended well.
Serves 1



ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!