Friday, January 23, 2015

Lemon Rappini Refresher

Today I was in the mood for a clean tasting green drink!  To use my Swedish, Lagom (Not too little, not too much. Just right).  It needed to be the perfect balance of greens and lemon to call this a refresher.  Back home, in Minnesota,  I would get this fresh homemade lemonade that was almost tart tasting.  The restaurant would make it with whole lemons and apples...so good!  Boy... do I miss that.  So today I thought I'd try to replicate the taste but still incorporate the greens in the drink.  Here it is.... 

Ingredients:
1 cup Rappini
1 scoop Organic Wheatgrass Powder
1/2 Organic Lemon (rind and all)
1 cup frozen mango
2 tablespoons Lemon Flax Oil
1 cup filtered water
1 small ripe apple

Method:
Place all ingredients in a Vita-mix and blend until it runs smooth.  NOTE: Some juicers might not be able to make this drink.  You'll need a high powered blender.

The lighting at 5 is really rather strange. I'm just trying to show you the bubbles!
Me trying to talk to Lilly about Dog Behavior... as she gets older she conveniently forgets our rules! Dogs:)

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!