Monday, August 18, 2014

Swedish Girls Skinny Vegetable Soup

  If you think about it you don't see a lot of overweight Swedish women! I remember in my twenties people always asked how I stayed so thin.  I would always respond, "Calories in, Calories out"!  But, when I think about it, I also crave a vegetable soup when I'm feeling bloated or just icky.  Sometimes, I would detox if the soup didn't make me feel better.  But, I always would try to make this soup first and if I didn't feel any better after eating the soup for three days then, I'd dive into a detox (which usually means I get cranky, but that's just because the toxins are moving all around in my body).
The key to this is for three days you eat maybe a piece of Ezekiel bread with jam in the morning with your usual vitamins, skip the coffee.  Lunch, have a bowl of this soup again with another piece of Ezekiel bread (only if you don't feel full)!  And in the evening... yep you guessed it, another bowl of the soup with some raw vegetables.  I would do this for three days and usually I would start feeling better or I'd dive into the detox and get a move on.  On another note: This soup is truly a nice fall dinner as well and it doesn't feel like a detox meal! But, technically that's because it's not!  So, make some and enjoy it.
    2 Tablespoons Olive oil
2 onions cut into chunks
2 stalks celery cut into chunks
2 leeks cut into chunks
2 carrots cut into chunks
2 potatoes peeled and cut into small chunks
3/4 cup fresh parsley
1 box of good quality organic chicken broth 

Heat a large pot on the stove and add the olive oil, place the onions, leeks, celery and carrots.  Saute until vegetables are a little soft. Add the potatoes and continue to saute for a few minutes.  Then add the parsley and chicken stock, cover and allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes.  Place all ingredients into a high speed blender or Vita mix and blend on high.  Serve!  Place the remainder in a container in refrigerator for the next couple of days.

For specialty ingredients and kitchen supplies you can visit Tiffany's Therapy STORE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!