Thursday, January 6, 2011

MOCHI

After long days at work I sometimes have little energy for cooking...Is anyone else with me on this???  Well, on these nights I have homemade soup which I previously froze and typically I make MOCHI!  I know what you're thinking, "What is that?"  Well, they are kind of like popovers but without the wheat and the wait time.  You can typically buy this at your local Co-Op or Whole Foods market in the dairy section.  One little hint...The Cinnamon Raisin one is the best!

I serve these with honey rather than butter!
The Directions are on the back of the package but I thought I would tell you in a 'Nut Shell' what it says:
1)  Heat oven to 450
2)  Cut Mochi into 1"X2" squares.
3)  Place on cookie sheet (I line with parchment paper first), and cook for 8-10 minutes!  Enjoy!
They kind of "pop up" sideways sometime, but they are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!