Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Version of the "Green Drink"

It seems like "Green Drinks" are everywhere these days!  People are claiming they can even heal cancer!  Well, I'm not so sure about that, but I do agree we all need more greens in our diet! A green drink is a easy way to get greens in our diet without eating salads for every meal.  This week I tried making the boys and I a special smoothie every morning.  Our favorite was this little concoction!  It's green without the 'green' taste!  It tastes more like pineapple juice but a little less tart!

3/4 cup pineapple, diced
2 cups spinach, loosely packed
1/4 green pear, diced
1 tablespoon flax seed oil
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 cup ice cubes

Method

1)  Blend all together and drink immediately!


1 comment:

  1. This is seriously so yummy that my kids constantly beg for it! Tiffany made this for me while I was visiting her, and I have been making it ever since.

    Once I was making it and noticed the spinach I was going to use had gone bad, so I threw in some carrots instead, and it became an orange smoothie, also very good.

    Tiffany, you are a genius!

    ReplyDelete

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!