Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Raspberry Banana and Coconut Smoothie

The other day I made a sweet potato and yam crock pot meal.  Within the ingredients of that recipe I had used coconut milk.  I rarely buy speciality items unless I can use the leftovers for yet another recipe.  So... tonight I made the kids the ultimate healthy smoothie using, you guessed it,  the leftover coconut milk.
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
1/2 can coconut milk
1 banana, peeled
1 tablespoon flax oil
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1/4 cup purified water

Method:

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.  I placed a little whip cream and a raspberry on each glass...just for a little "eye candy" for the kids.  I'm sure they would never guess how healthy these are:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!