Friday, January 7, 2011

Three Fruit Smoothie

This morning my guys wanted a smoothie for breakfast!  As I was making them, I quickly found out I didn't have enough blueberries to make them both one.  I also didn't have enough kiwi's.  So... I had this idea to make a rainbow style smoothie for the both of them which would keep them from arguing about who gets the better smoothie.  It worked!
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon Flax oil (optional)
3 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
3 kiwi's, skins removed and diced
1 cup pineapple
1/4 cup milk
water

Method

1) Mix the blueberries, flax oil, milk and vanilla yogurt in a blender.  Use as the bottom layer (It's heavier).
2) Next, washout blender and add the kiwi's.  Blend kiwi's and use as the center layer.
3) For the third and last layer, add the pineapple to the blender and add about 2 tablespoons of water so the pineapple can blend properly.  Layer this on top and garnish with either blueberry, slice of kiwi, or a chuck of pineapple.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Clean up the kitchen with...Bar Keeper's Friend...click below!