My husband was home this weekend so I made things I was trying to stay away from, but knew he would enjoy! This version of the old stand by potato salad was really simple to make because there was no need to peel the potatoes! The fingerling potatoes can be purchased at any store these days. They are a fun alternative to the small basic red or yellow potatoes. Hope you're able to find time to put this together!
4 cups fingerling potatoes
1 large red apple, peeled and diced
3 celery stalks, sliced
1/2 small sweet onion, diced small
2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup alterative mayo or real mayonaise if your diet allows
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of both salt and pepper (prefer to use freshly ground)
1) Boil potatoes and cut in half.
2) Place potatoes, onion, apples, celery and parsley together in a bowl, you would like to serve in.
3) Mix the dressing ingredients together in a seperate bowl.
4) After you have mixed the dressing together, pour over the potato mixture and mix together well.
5) Place finished product in the refrigerator for an hour, or longer, then serve.
****NOTE****This can be made a day in advance if you would like!